I think "j2eeType" in object names and abstract names mapped to object names is a literal specified in jsr77 so we shouldn't change it.
OK, I see..

I'd be OK with javaee or ee in package names as long as we are sure it won't disrupt anyones ongoing development.  So if you want to do this please figure out all the places that will change and make sure no one is working on them.
OK, I will open a jira and provide a patch first.

Thanks
-Rex

Since this is a non-functional change I tend to consider it less important than getting all of the 2.2 functionality working in 3.0 and getting all of aries functionality integrated.  However, it would be nice to have more up to date names.

thanks
david jencks