On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
I took a look at the failover demo currently in sandbox, over the weekend. I made some updates to get it building/running on my Mac OS machine.

I like the demo. It's a good demonstration of Geronimo's capabilities. I'd be interested in seeing a formal release of the demo. A few demo and Geronimo related issues we could be thinking about:

1) Windows support. The current demo is *nix-based. For all I know it may only run on Mac OS.

Added windows scripts to make the sample support windows.

2) The failover demo is including Grinder. Grinder is a great tool. However, it contains LGPL-licensed artifacts. So, we are going to remove it from the failover demo. We can provide configuration files and the grinder.py "client". However, if users want to run the demo using Grinder, they will need to download Grinder on their own. We can provide download instructions, but should instruct users to review the Grinder licensing before doing so...

Modified/added some scripts to strip grinder from our build.  Also updated the instruction to tell users how to download and configure the grinder by themselves.

3) Geronimo currently requires multicast for the failover scenario. This is great. However, we should also offer unicast-based support, also. I frequently encounter users who are unable to use multicast in their environments. Providing unicast support would be a valuable addition, I think.

--kevan

--
Shawn