geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release geronimo's forked mavenized tomcat 6.0.24.0
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:01:53 GMT

On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Delos wrote:

> This voting is for mavenized tomcat 6.0.24. It will be used by Geronimo 2.1.5. Following
what we did to tomcat 6.0.20, we are using a forked copy of tomcat derived from the tomcat
6.0.24 release, built with maven, with maven dependencies, etc etc. Besides, we also applied
some patches which haven't been included in tomcat 6.0.24.

Hi Delos,
A few things.

1) Tomcat community is working on a 6.0.25 release. I think I would prefer to pick that up
given the number of regressions that have been found in 6.0.24.
2) Have we made a full tck run with 6.0.24?
3) I would not call this a "fork" of Tomcat. We're building a patched version of Tomcat to
allow it to be properly integrated within Geronimo.
4) If I recall there was some mention of a Tomcat release in the 2.1.5 release discussion.
However, was a little surprised to see this VOTE. Best to give a few days warning on the dev
list.

--kevan