geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Prepare Geronimo 2.1.5 release?
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:53:09 GMT

On Feb 2, 2010, at 10:33 PM, Rex Wang wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> And I plan to modify the 2.1.5 to base on the genesis 2.0. Forrest
> and I both tried locally and it passed successfully. Any objections?

IMO you need to also port the "all-subprojects" profile from 2.2 to
2.1.x, and the deploy plugin overrides preventing deploying stuff that
shouldn't be part of the release (such as IT assemblies and probably
all of testsuite).  If you don't do this there will be a lot of
projects with the wrong version number in the svn tag.

After release:prepare the tag should not have any modules with the old
version.  I checked with something like

find . -name pom.xml |xargs grep 2.2-SNAPSHOT

good luck... this took a while to get right on 2.2, hopefully having a
working solution to look at will make it go faster on 2.1.

thanks
david jencks