geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release geronimo-el_2.2_spec-1.0-beta - RC2
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:55:45 GMT
Looking through the code and sun javaodoc http://javadoc.glassfish.org/javaee6/apidoc/
  there are quite a few classes that are serializable but where not
serialVersionUiD is specified in the javadoc.

My preferred course of action would be to try to get Sun to include
these in the javadoc so we can implement them.
My next preferred course of action would be to extract the
serialVersionUID values from the sun implementations and use them.

Do we have any contacts at sun that could assure us that the values in
the sun implementation happen to be correct?

I imagine this applies also to the el 1.o spec although I haven't
located the javadoc for that.

thanks
david jencks