geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject More options for dependency change checking
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:04:09 GMT
In the context of the speedy development of trunk, the dependency
change mojo is turning out to be a pain to deal with.  To try to help
with this I've added a couple more options and enabled setting them
from the command line.  See GERONIMO-5149

warnOnDependencyChange (instead of fail)

logDependencyChanges (writes the added and removed to the log if non-
empty, as well as saving to files)
– this should make seeing why remote builds fail easier when you can't
get to the added/removed files

overwriteDependencies (overwrites the dependencies.xml source file if
dependencies have changed.)
– this makes it easy to use svn diff to look at changes and to commit
the changes right away if desired.

I'd like to suggest that our automated builds run with -
DlogDependencyChanges=true and all but once a day with -
DwarnOnDependencyChange=true

The goal is to usually let people search the logs for what changed and
to have one build a day that fails if there's been a dependency change.

The overwriteDependencies option should be helpful when you actually
want to change the dependencies.  It will let you examine changes
using svn diff.

thanks

david jencks