geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: failover demo in sandbox
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:23:20 GMT

On Feb 3, 2010, at 9:57 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> There are some discussions before that we should use WADI instead of
> discoveryAgent to track cluster nodes.
>
> http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Pulling-Geronimo-Configuration-td21962048s134.html
>
> I would like to give it a try instead of implementing another
> discovery agent.

A WADI implementation of the DiscoveryAgent interface might work.  If
it is able to keep a server list and notify people when items are
added and removed, then it would work fine.

If you mean to remove the DiscoveryAgent abstraction and rewrite the
related Geronimo and OpenEJB code that uses it, then that is something
we'd probably want to avoid.  Would probably be better to "fix" the
abstraction if there was something wrong with it.  It is pretty simple
though.  Whoever maintains the big list of all services simply needs
to call the DiscoveryListener's "add" or "remove" methods so that
parts of the system who are interested can act accordingly.

-David