geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: Geronimo JPA 2.0 API
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:23:58 GMT
Still don't like the version decision by the EEG, but guess I'll have to
update the Geronimo spec and spin another release before the final
OpenJPA 2.0.0 release.....

Jason, does the RFC 143 TCK check for expected/required metadata on the
jars?

-Donald

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Geronimo JPA 2.0 API
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:04:45 +0000
From: Ian Robinson <ianrbsn@googlemail.com>
To: aries-dev@incubator.apache.org

While there is a lot of discussion in the OSGi EEG about *future*
versioning policy for APIs defined outside OSGi, there was a final
decision for JPA in the OSGi 4.2 Enterprise Specification. Which is that
the JPA 2.0 API packages should be exported as version 1.1 with a 'jpa'
attribute indicating the spec version. For example:
Export-Package: javax.persistence; version=1.1; jpa=2.0
And the RI will be changed in line with this. I believe the RI may also
export the API packages at 2.0 but the spec won't require this.
- Ian

1.1 API a JPA 2.0 provider  Fi for the