geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: some console issues.
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 08:38:47 GMT

On Jan 31, 2010, at 11:47 PM, Rex Wang wrote:

> Currently, I am trying to make some console portlets re-work.  But
> firstly, I hope the following issues can be addressed:
> I found the "pluto-support" don't have a groupId as
> "org.apache.geronimo.configs", which likes the other plugins
> convention. Instead, it inherits the parent's groupId
> "org.apache.geronimo.plugins". I think that might be a typo, right?

I think there have been suggestions to make the groupId of all the
plugins, o.a.g.plugins.  I'd like to do this eventually.  I think
pluto-support and a couple others are the only ones this happened to
yet.

> Secondly, I plan to move the dojo-war into console-ear instead being
> an individual plugin. Since we has modified the navigation tree to
> base on dojo, it should be a basic war, not a plugable component,
> for web console.

The original thinking was that dojo would be useful to other projects,
so we should make it available separately from the web console.

> Also, I hope to merge the plugin portlets into console-base-
> portlets.  Because the plugin is a core feature to geronimo, I am
> not comfortable to separate it from the base portlests and also make
> 3 more sub-project folders under console.

I'd prefer to keep it separate.  IIRC if you don't install the plugin
console plugin, you can't install any new apps or plugins into the
geronimo server.  IMO being able to have a console without this
capability is important.

> The changes should be easy and relatively independent so that it
> won't disturb the works on the other plugins. Any comments?

Sorry to be negative, but I'd prefer to avoid all these changes.  If
you think they are important, please explain why in more detail.

thanks
david jencks