Built fine. I also downloaded update site. Installed ok and simple tests looked fine. So, other than problems already noted, looks ok to me...

--kevan
On Jan 4, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Delos wrote:

Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2 RC1.

The deployable zip file is here:

---->http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip

The update site zip file is here:

----> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 894784):

----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2

The future svn location will be here (when approved):

----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are here:

----> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.txt

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
required to install and run the GEP:

----> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html

In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going through this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the capabilities of the GEP:

----> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update manager functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede or Galileo) of Eclipse for downloading the GEP itself. This is also documented in the instructions, but you must use the staging site created for this vote at:

----> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/updates/

Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Thuresday (Jan 7,2010) at 9:00 AM ET.

[ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,

Delos