geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi features on Admin Console
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:32:15 GMT
Yes, Geronimo is aimed to implement a Java Enterprise Application server
which comply Java EE spec. But in G 3.0, we not only modifid our kernel to
base on OSGi framework, but also we extends the programming model to OSGi
Enterprise area, such as WAB, Aries applications. These bundles might
require some other normal bundles to be installed in the osgi framework, so
to keep the completeness of a web console, we need integrate the function to
help install a bundle in portlet, although this might be the real work items
for karaf/felix... You know, it' should be a little unacceptable that when
we need delpoy a WAB application in web console, the prerequisite is that he
have to firstly use osgi shell to install a required bundle.. So I agree
with #1.

-Rex