geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cxf bundles
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:48:16 GMT

> 1. is there a need for the 2 tools jars to be in the same bundle as the
> minimal bundle?  Maybe we could use minimal + the other two jars
> individually bundleized.

That is the #1 I suggested above. For #2, because the minimal bundle still
contains some useless components such as  "cxf-common-schemas",
"cxf-rt-databinding-aegis".. to geronimo, I think we can made an individual
bundle only contains those we need.

> 2. do the other jars in the minimal bundle provide generally useful
> functionality?

Seems not.

> 3. how much is exposed unnecessarily if the individual jars were
> bundleized?

4. Have we approached cxf about creating the appropriate bundles there?  Its
> pretty unlikely we will be ready to release g 3 before they do another
> release.

I  have send a email to cxf mailling list. I suspect if they have the
motivation to bundlize each jar like axis2.

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org