geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject cxf bundles
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:30:30 GMT
Hi

I am looking into "GERONIMO-5016 Enable cxf in Geronimo 3.0". There is an
issue I think need discuss first before I drive further. Not like axis, the
cxf community did not release their jars as a bundle. Instead they made 2
separate distributions named "cxf-bundle" and "cxf-bundle-minimal" to
contain the different set of their components. For instance:
The cxf-bundle-minimal bundle contains 17 components:
cxf-common-utilities
cxf-common-schemas
cxf-api
cxf-rt-core
cxf-rt-transports-http
cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty
cxf-rt-transports-jms
cxf-rt-bindings-soap
cxf-rt-databinding-aegis
cxf-rt-databinding-jaxb
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws
cxf-rt-frontend-simple
cxf-rt-databinding-xmlbeans
cxf-rt-ws-security
cxf-rt-ws-policy
cxf-rt-ws-addr
cxf-rt-ws-rm
but what we need are just following 13:
cxf-api
cxf-common-utilities
cxf-rt-core
cxf-rt-bindings-xml
cxf-rt-bindings-soap
cxf-rt-databinding-jaxb
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws
cxf-rt-frontend-simple
cxf-rt-transports-http
cxf-rt-ws-addr
cxf-rt-ws-security
cxf-tools-common
cxf-tools-java2ws
You can see the "cxf-tools-common" & "cxf-tools-java2ws" are not included by
"cxf-bundle-minimal".
The "cxf-bundle" contains all the 13 components we need, but it will import
a great many other components, which will not only bring a lot of jobs to
exclude un-necessary jars when build our cxf plugins, but also increase the
size of new G3.0.

So I see 2 ways to pull cxf bundles in:
1. Use the cxf-bundle-minimal and make a new private bundle that contains
"cxf-tools-common" & "cxf-tools-java2ws" in Geronimo.
2. Make a private cxf bundle customized by ourselves which only contains the
above 13 packages

I suggest the approach #2. Any comments?

Thanks

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org