geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: console broken in trunk?
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:45:18 GMT
The new admin console depends on dojo.  I've added the dojo dependencies to
console-tomcat and console-jetty to enable the navigation tree.

To pick up the changes quickly, please just:

1, svn up plugins
2, build plugins/dojo
3, build plugins/console

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:49 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I fixed a split package problem and the defaultPageId.  Now if I start the
> server from plugins/console/console-jetty-server I get an error about
>
> Module 15/15
> org.apache.geronimo.plugins/plugin-console-jetty/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
> Exception in thread "Timer-32" java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint
> violation: loader (instance of
> org/apache/felix/framework/ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader) previously
> initiated loading for a different type with name
> "org/apache/xmlbeans/SchemaType"
>
> which I'm not too worried about.
>
> Then, if I visit
>
> http://localhost:8080/console
>
> in firefox I get to the login page and can login.  Then I see what looks
> like the skin with an empty navigation tree and no actual portlet page
> displayed.  On the other hand if I go to
>
> http://localhost:8080/console/portal/0/Welcome
>
> I get what looks like the welcome page but with no skin or navigation tree.
>
> Could someone who knows how the javascript is supposed to work take a look?
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jan 20, 2010, at 6:05 AM, Ivan wrote:
>
> Just tried to create a tomcat assembly with console, although there are
> some errors backgound, I could see the login page and I could login with
> Firefox. The page is not displayed correclty, but from the HTML source
> codes, most functions should work as expected.
>

> 2010/1/20 Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com>
>
>> Fix the The failed Tomcat cluster case at rev.901175, it is caused by some
>> code changes in Tomcat 7.
>>
>> 2010/1/20 Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com>
>>
>> I got the failed ClusteredManagerTest unit case, too. Will check what's
>>> wrong.
>>> For automated build, from the recent daily report message, it was always
>>> caused by failing to downloading some servicemix snapshots. Not sure all
>>> those snapshots could be found anywhere, for I always build those artifacts
>>> from source codes on my own machine.
>>>
>>> 2010/1/20 David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
>>>
>>> I think we need to get our automated builds working and set up some kind

the gbean classes from a specified plugin rather than the app's bundle: the welcome app worked
but I didn't test the console.

see a similar error.  I'm happy to work on fixing it but I'd like to check that it isn't caused
by something odd in my environment.

--
Shawn