geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: What process to follow to release geronimo samples?
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:53:57 GMT

On Jan 17, 2010, at 10:27 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Hi David,
> When we do release:perform with Delos's apache id, we got an
> authorization failure like this:
> [INFO] [INFO]
> [INFO] [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access
> denied to:
> Seems Delos's id has no right to write to this staging repo. then I
> opened a infra jira to request privilege:
> we don't know if there is anything else to do to get through the
> deployment issue. Please kindly advise. thanks in advance!

IIUC you need something like this in your ~/.m2/settings.xml so
apache's nexus will recognize you:

         <!-- To publish a snapshot of some part of Maven -->
         <!-- To stage a release of some part of Maven -->

A few days ago something had gone wrong and no one was able to push
geronimo snapshots but that got fixed.  When I have problems I usually
try to find Brian Fox on the maven irc channel and he can usually
explain what I am doing wrong or fix the problem.  This may be harder
from china due to the time difference :-/

hope this helps
david jencks

> Forrest

View raw message