geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What process to follow to release geronimo samples?
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:53:57 GMT

On Jan 17, 2010, at 10:27 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> When we do release:perform with Delos's apache id, we got an
> authorization failure like this:
> [INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] [INFO]
> [INFO] [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access
> denied to: https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/samples/samples-parent/2.2/samples-parent-2.2.pom
>
> Seems Delos's id has no right to write to this staging repo. then I
> opened a infra jira to request privilege: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2448
>
> we don't know if there is anything else to do to get through the
> deployment issue. Please kindly advise. thanks in advance!

IIUC you need something like this in your ~/.m2/settings.xml so
apache's nexus will recognize you:

     <servers>
         <!-- To publish a snapshot of some part of Maven -->
         <server>
             <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
             <username>apacheId</username>
             <password>apache-svn-password</password>
         </server>
         <!-- To stage a release of some part of Maven -->
         <server>
             <id>apache.releases.https</id>
             <username>apacheId</username>
             <password>apache-svn-password</password>
         </server>
   </servers>

A few days ago something had gone wrong and no one was able to push
geronimo snapshots but that got fixed.  When I have problems I usually
try to find Brian Fox on the maven irc channel and he can usually
explain what I am doing wrong or fix the problem.  This may be harder
from china due to the time difference :-/

hope this helps
david jencks