geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject project with server-assembly packaging
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:11:54 GMT
Attempting to resuscitate the failover demo.  I've gotten it to go if
I use 2.2-SNAPSHOT for everything, but attempting to bump it up to the
released 2.2 jars creates some issues.  First one seems like a general
issue with our custom server-assembly packaging type.  If the
pom.version of the project declaring itself a server-assembly does not
match the target Geronimo version, then the chain of dependencies
seems to break down a bit:

I've switched the geronimo-tomcat-farm-controller's version to 5.4-
SNAPSHOT just to illustrate:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Geronim Plugin Farm Controller Server Assembly for
Tomcat
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] [genesis:validate-configuration {execution: default}]
[...]
Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.geronimo.testsupport:testsupport-common:jar:5.4-SNAPSHOT

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -
DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.testsupport -DartifactId=testsupport-
common -Dversion=5.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:
       mvn deploy:deploy-file -
DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.testsupport -DartifactId=testsupport-
common -Dversion=5.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -
Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

   Path to dependency:
   	1) org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-tomcat-farm-
controller:server-assembly:5.4-SNAPSHOT
   	2) org.apache.geronimo.testsupport:testsupport-common:jar:5.4-
SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
   org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-tomcat-farm-
controller:server-assembly:5.4-SNAPSHOT

I could call the assembly 2.2 as well but that seems like a terrible
hack as I will be needing to update this demo quite a bit -- not that
it works if I do that anyway.  I can get it to work if I build that
latest, pre-release, 2.2-SNAPSHOT of geronimo locally and change the
demo version to 2.2-SNAPSHOT as well, so I know we're otherwise in
good shape and just need to work through some tooling issues.  I'd
sort of prefer to rip the band-aid off now rather than just put it off
till later.

Anyway, any ideas on what happens to the dependency tree that causes a
server-assembly to get a dep on the testsupport-common-$
{notTheGeronimoVersion}.jar ?

-David