geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web Annotation and web fragment support in Geronimo 3.0
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:42:40 GMT

On Jan 25, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Ivan wrote:

> 1. I saw the empty web.xml file also, I would suggest that even if
> we really need that file, it should be added by DeploymentContext,
> not directly write to repository.
>
> 2. Thanks for the suggest of using JAXB, I am sure that it would be
> easy to parse/generate xml file. But how about generating a full
> jaxb classes for Java EE deployment descriptors. I knew that we have
> had a XMLBeans version, but I wish that we should replace it in the
> future.
> Anyway, I would first try to generate the jaxb classes for web-3.0/
> web-fragment/web-common and the required reference types from javaee
> schema, so that it would keep the effect in the web-builder module.

According to David Blevins you'll want to tweak the generated jaxb
classes to get more reasonable classes.  Openejb has all of this done
for ee5 xsds.  I would start with those and see how to update for the
schema additions.

Also, we'll need 2 versions of all the naming builders, one for jaxb
and one for xmlbeans, until we get everything converted.

I was thinking of doing the same for connectors which have the
advantage that they don't call any naming builders.

thanks
david jencks