geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Samples 2.2
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:57:59 GMT
Forrest,
I applaud your recent patches to the geronimo samples along with your other geronimo contributions.

A release vote being held by a non-committer is unusual, at best. I see that Delos has performed
most of the recent commits regarding samples and is listed as a co-author of this vote.

If Delos is the Geronimo committer performing this release, I think that Delos, and Delos
alone, hold the release vote. If there are alternate views from the Geronimo community, please
let me know.

BTW, I notice that Delos does not have a PGP key in the Geronimo KEYS file. This will need
to be addressed prior to a release...

--kevan

On Jan 20, 2010, at 4:46 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Delos and me work together and prepared a release candidate of Geronimo Samples 2.2 for
your
> review and vote.
>
> This is the second independent release of samples for Geronimo.  Besides some bug fixes,
in

> this release, there are two new samples added:
> 1. DataCDInfo -- demo a popular web application framework Struts1 in geronimo. User can
use it
> as a configuration template to start development of struts1. Of cause, it has a demo
about how

> to use JTA and JPA. Compared with daytrader, this sample is quite simple to understand
about
> JPA + JTA technologies.
> 2. csa-activemq -- demo how to use car-maven-plugin to build a custom server assembly.
This sample