geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE - 2nd try] Vote for release GEP 2.2 - RC2
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:20:00 GMT
We seem to be missing one important part of the release process - the actual source "release".

Note the source-release files in http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.2/ : geronimo-2.2-source-release.tar.gz,
geronimo-2.2-source-release.zip (and their associated .asc signature and md5/sha checksums).
We expect them to match the contents of svn. Ultimately, the source releases are what we are
voting on, not svn and not the binaries.

This is probably a change since the last release of GEP (as we have learned more a bit more
about the apache release process).

Shouldn't be too hard to prepare the source archives w/ signatures/checksums. Though would
be nice if we had maven building these. Apologies for missing this on the first RC...

--kevan

On Jan 11, 2010, at 9:59 AM, Delos wrote:

> Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
RC2.

> The deployable zip file is here:
>
> ---->http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip
>
> The update site zip file is here:
>
> ----> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip
>
> The current svn location is here (revision number 897748):
>
> ----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2
>
> The future svn location will be here (when approved):
>
> ----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2
>
> If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are here:
>
> ----> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.0.txt
>
> There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL below that will
hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
> required to install and run the GEP:
>
> ----> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html
>
> In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going through this quick
but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the capabilities of the GEP:

> ----> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html
>
> Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update manager functions
(i.e., p2 in Ganymede or Galileo) of Eclipse for downloading the GEP itself. This is also
documented in the instructions, but you must use the staging site created for this vote at:

> ----> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/updates/
>
> Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is open for 72
hours and will conclude on Thuresday (Jan 14,2010) at 10:00 AM ET.