geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to handle the Web Profile subset
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:35:21 GMT

On Jan 25, 2010, at 6:41 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> We should be putting some thought on what the Geronimo deliverables
> are in the web profile world.  I think for the most part, this
> should be just a different assembly that assembles a smaller set of
> components.  The one additional configuration that is probably going
> to be needed is an EJB Lite configuration that would be used by the
> Web Profile assembly.  This should not be a big delta over what we
> have, but it does increase the number of assemblies that we end up
> releasing.  Are there other options we should be working at?

I think we might already have too many assemblies :-)

Ideally when the osgi integration settles down we will have an even
better way than in 2.2 for extending a framework server or assembling
custom servers.  I'm cautiously in favor of making the "minimal"
tomcat and jetty servers support the web profile and having smaller
servers be custom assemblies or based on the framework server.

thanks
david jencks