geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:34:25 GMT
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2010, at 10:20 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
>
>> Last code changes were checked in on 12/11/2009, so a 2009 copyright date should
still be valid.  I'd rather not respin unless it's absolutely required....

> I see an svn commit yesterday. The NOTICE covers all "source" which may or may not be
"code".

> --kevan

There has been a lot of discussion on the legal-discuss mailing list
related to this, most recently around
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-51, not sure that there is
clear consensus but AFAIU it seems like as long as its within a couple
of years of the release then any date is probably legally ok.

   ...ant