geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject myfaces and tld scanning
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:54:35 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to get myfaces working in trunk. Myfaces has a TLD file (in
META-INF directory) that contains a servlet context listener that the
web container is supposed to discover and register at startup. That
servlet context listener sets things up so that myfaces works right.
The problems is that in OSGi environment the web container does not
really see other TLDs besides what's included in the application. So
I'm wondering how to discover these non-application TLDs that might be
required for the application to work. And it's not just a matter of
finding the TLD files, we also have to load/instantiate the listener
class specified in the TLDs.

I guess we could build some registry of TLDs but how would we know
that one set of TLDs are needed for app A and another set for app B?
Or what if there are two different versions of some TLDs?

Or maybe we just provide some specific solution for the jfs/myfaces
problem and not worry about generic solution for now?

Thoughts?

Jarek