geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rfc66 update
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:38:49 GMT
Delos,

Comments in-lined:

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Delos <daition@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jarek,
>
> I see what you meant. The tracker will only add WAB once. Sorry for my
> misunderstanding.
>
> I found several items in TODO file. Besides, I think we may also take these
> two items. If possible, I hope to take them.
> 1) I note you have added URLHandler package from Aries as a dependency. Is
> there any plan how to make use of it to convert WAR into WAB? I'd like to
> take it.

It's already being used. The handler is configured via Blueprint so as
soon as the handler bundle is started everything is setup right. So
there is nothing to do from Geronimo side for the handler. We just
need to start it. However, there are a few things that can be improved
in the handler code itself. For example, I think right now when it
creates the bundle it, it keeps the entire content of the bundle in
memory as a byte array. We could improve it so that it writes the
bundle data to a file instead. Also, there is a bug open on how the
handler generates the Import-Package imports.

> 2) For the lazy activate WAB, I'm not sure if it's an optional feature.
> Anyway, I hope to get a workaround for it. I will raise a discussion once I
> find any.

I'm pretty sure it's an optional feature :). And from my initial
analysis while looking at the whole rfc66 stuff it seemed it would be
pretty difficult to get Geronimo working with lazy bundles as
described in the spec. So at the end I decided not to worry about
it... unless there is a clear indication that this feature must be
supported.

Jarek