geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending gbean class loading capabilities to support extenders
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:55:56 GMT
David,

Just a thought. We could "extend" the WAB manifest but generating and
attaching a fragment bundle to the it with the additional imports,
etc.

Anyway, is the reference you were thinking of a symbolic name or
bundle id or something else that gets resolved via service registry?
This wasn't clear to me from your description but we could add some
kind of namespace or id into the gbean data and use that to find a
service in the service registry that can handle that gbean. And at
this point this is pretty much the same as what Blueprint does with
the namespace handlers.

So effectively, module builders work would map to generating Blueprint
XML and instantiating the gbeans to Blueprint extender work with the
right set of namespace handlers.

Jarek