geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Cai <greensi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimosrv.exe and geronimosrvw.exe
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:06:42 GMT
I can retry on this :-)

It was difficult to get my patches into the code base the last time I
tried. Looks like few Commons committers care about the procrun
code... I just checked the latest commit log of procrun. It does have
some activities recently. So let me try my luck again...

-Jack

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just ran across the subject executables in our svn (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.2/plugins/procrun/src/main/resources/bin).
Besides a README file in a Jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4394), it's
not clear where the source for these executables come from. This needs to be fixed.

> I think the "function" is great. However, we need a clear representation of the source
that is used to build these binaries. IIUC, the .exe files are built from Commons Daemon,
with a patch applied (as explained in the Jira). After the code is compiled, the resultant
binaries have been renamed geronimosrv.exe and geronimosrvw.exe.

> If Commons Daemon has not released executables that can be used for our purposes, we
need to either work with the Commons community to release this code or move the code into
our svn, create a build process, and release the executables ourselves. This release could
be part of our server release process or, more likely, we can release the executables separately,
then embed in a server release.

> This will need to occur prior to the next release which would include these binaries.
I'll -1 a release that includes the binaries as is... Any volunteers to look at this?