geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: {DISCUSS] Home for Daytrader sample leveraging Aries
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:10:39 GMT
It seems there is consensus to introduce this Aries enabled version of
Daytrader into Apache Aries for now.  I'll add it under the top level
pom.  It appears that a rename is also in order.  I'd do that as step
two which will leave a little better record of the history of the code.

Some recent rework of the sample has created some new issues that I need
to resolve - but I'll hopefully be checking it in very soon.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Joe

Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
> I think you should add the samples into the top level pom to ensure
> they are built. We can worry about build time later.
>
> Alasdair
>
> 2010/1/14 zoe slattery <zoe.slattery@googlemail.com>:
>> Hi - As far as I understand it the samples are not building as part of the
>> regular Hudson build at the moment, they are certainly not listed as a
>> module in the top level pom. I hadn't added them because I was slightly
>> concerned about the time it would take to build and assemble them as part of
>> the regular build. However, I would like to have them building regularly and
>> used as tests somehow, adding a very big sample to them right now doesn't
>> seem quite the right thing to do.
>>
>> I would really like to have the daytrader code in Aries and think it would
>> be helpful to have a fairly complex application. So, my preference would be
>> not to put daytrader  in samples (at least to start with), it sounds (I
>> don't know the code) big enough to merit a separate module then if there are
>> problems because of its complexity we can easily separate it out.
>>
>> Zoe
>>> +1 to putting it under samples at least for now!
>>>
>>> Jeremy

JDBC

For now I
However,