geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About server.xml support and app-per-port sample breaks on G 2.2
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:43:35 GMT
Hi, Forrest:
   There might be a bug there, for workaround it, please add segment below
to the config.xml file :
   ->
   <gbean name="TomcatWebContainer">
            <attribute name="serviceName">Catalina</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="TomcatEngine">
            <attribute name="serviceName">Catalina</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="connectorWrapperGBeanStarter" load="false"/>
   <-
   After that, you could start up the server, but you could not edit those
connectors created before the server starting, however, you are still able
to add new connectors.
   Thanks for reporting this !

2010/1/5 Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 2010/1/4 Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com>
>>
>>> I did a simple version change(change to 2.2:) to the app-per-port sample
>>> and make it packaged as a plugin, then try to install and start it in G 2.2.
>>>

>>> It fails, I understand the failure on tomcat assembly is caused by the
>>> new server.xml support, but don't understand why it fails on Jetty assembly
>>> as well.
>>>
>>> What I am trying is to update app-per-port sample to demo the new
>>> server.xml support feature(originated from
>>> http://old.nabble.com/Finishing-up-tomcat-server.xml-configuration-work...-ts24471974s134.html#a24471974).
>>>

>>> My thought is to modify the server.xml directly to add an additional
>>> <Service> with different connectors and engine, so that the app-per-port
>>> samples can achieve the same result as before: war1 on a port, war2 on
>>> another port, both in the same server instance.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, it does not work on G 2.2 either. Cause TomcatServerGBean
>>> would throw IllegalStateException when more than one service defined in
>>> server.xml.
>>>
>>> So far, my understanding to the server.xml support feature, which cannot
>>> do these things:
>>> 1. define multiple <Service>
>>> 2. define <context>
>>> 3. define jndi resources