geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about daytrader-web-jpa
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:45:49 GMT
After some tries, finally I made daytrader-web-jpa works, see jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAYTRADER-74.

Joe, your version of TradeJPADirect has a small bug in completeOrder method,
see the patch code, I think it could be back port to the blueprint one :-)

Donald, in the web jpa assembly pom, there are some dependencies are of
provided scope, I think if we need to make them packaged into the war
directly, so that user can easily install the war into Tomcat without any
advanced libraries installation. Does it make sense to make the assembly
ease of use?

However, in my tries, I ever want to use application managed persistence
context with JTA underlying on geronimo javaee assembly, but failed always.
So I want to ask a question: Can user use application-managed persistence
context with JTA underlying in a non-container managed object? for example,
in a POJO class? Seems to me, the answer is NO.

As to whether or not work if using app-managed PC with JTA underlying in a
container-managed object, for example, stateless session bean, servlet, etc.

I will find time later to verify. However, if anyone has similar experience,
pls kindly let me know.

Forrest