geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Geronimo Samples 2.2
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:46:03 GMT
Hi All,

Delos and me work together and prepared a release candidate of
Geronimo Samples 2.2 for your
review and vote.

This is the second independent release of samples for Geronimo.
Besides some bug fixes, in

this release, there are two new samples added:
1. DataCDInfo -- demo a popular web application framework Struts1 in
geronimo. User can use it
as a configuration template to start development of struts1. Of cause,
it has a demo about how
to use JTA and JPA. Compared with daytrader, this sample is quite
simple to understand about
JPA + JTA technologies.
2. csa-activemq -- demo how to use car-maven-plugin to build a custom
server assembly. This sample
uses activemq as a sample, including the new geronimo plugin
activemq-webconsole, so that user can
use it as standalone activemq server with user-friendly web interfaces
to manage queues.
 <http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html>

We did some testing on the built artifacts and everything seems well.

The samples can be installed on either a Geronimo 2.2. All of the
samples are available for
installation as plugins. We have created a plugin catalog for your convenience.

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-050/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejbohn/staging-repo/geronimo-samples/>

The svn location is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-2.2/
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-2.1.2>

Repository for plugin install:
http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/samples-2.2/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejbohn/staging-repo/geronimo-samples/>

When the release vote is approved, the maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache and the maven site will be
published.

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release Geronimo Samples 2.2
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Geronimo Samples 2.2 (please provide rationale)

Delos & Forrest