geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <>
Subject About server.xml support and app-per-port sample breaks on G 2.2
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:04:24 GMT
I did a simple version change(change to 2.2:) to the app-per-port sample and
make it packaged as a plugin, then try to install and start it in G 2.2.

It fails, I understand the failure on tomcat assembly is caused by the new
server.xml support, but don't understand why it fails on Jetty assembly as

What I am trying is to update app-per-port sample to demo the new server.xml
support feature(originated from

My thought is to modify the server.xml directly to add an additional
<Service> with different connectors and engine, so that the app-per-port
samples can achieve the same result as before: war1 on a port, war2 on
another port, both in the same server instance.

Unfortunately, it does not work on G 2.2 either. Cause TomcatServerGBean
would throw IllegalStateException when more than one service defined in

So far, my understanding to the server.xml support feature, which cannot do
these things:
1. define multiple <Service>
2. define <context>
3. define jndi resources