On Dec 2, 2009, at 1:57 AM, Ivan wrote:

I am thinking whether there is maven plugin would help us to repackge the tomcat jar file to include our changes, so that we do not need to maintain the whole Tomcat source codes, maybe just need to keep a few files.

AFAIK tomcat is not pushing trunk snapshots into any maven repo, so I think we'd have to build tomcat ourselves anyway.  Given that, I think that the easiest way is to use the process for constructing a mavenized build.  I'm hoping we won't actually need to modify any files, at least not for long :-).  The first set of changes we needed that led me to set up the mavenized build have been in tomcat trunk for years.

thanks
david jencks