Currently, Geronimo uses many third-parties bundles (like pubished by ServiceMix), also publishes some bundles by our own. So, whether importing and exporting the packages at the same time, I think we need to have a same convention. I checked the bundles published by ServiceMix, for those tool components, like commons-*, they do not import their own packages. I also found those bundles published by Felix always import those packages.  Generally specaking, it is hard to say which one is better. So, for Geronimo, personally, I prefered the way of ServiceMix, which does not import those packages at the same time for those tool-like components.
    Any comment ?