geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Need review] The mock UI for displaying bundle information
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 06:55:54 GMT
That is possible by using
bundleContext.getAllServiceReferences(class=service class,null)
and then traverse the ServiceReferences to find whose
getBundle().getSymbolicName/getVersion matches your bundle.

But, as I wrote above, is there any need to know such information?

-Rex

2009/12/16 Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com>

> By "using" I mean service wiring, i.e., bundles that have a live instance
> of a service exported by this bundle. Is this possible?
>
> -Jack
>

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Delos <daition@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *Thanks Rex.
>>
>> There is a method "getRequiringBundles()" in BundleStateMbean defined in
>> RFC 139. I hope to get the bundle list for Jack's request. Do you think it
>> has taken #1 into account?*
>>
>> 2009/12/16 Rex Wang <rwonly@gmail.com>
>>

>>> 2009/12/15 Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Nice work. A few comments -

B.

>>> There are three kinds of "using":
>>> 1. import-package/required-bundle wiring
>>> 2. service wiring
>>> 3. geronimo bundle dependency
>>> for #1, that means a view to show which one imports the packages the
>>> bundle exports.
>>> for #2, I think we don't need to care about that, because even if a
>>> service provider bundle is uninstalled, the bundle using the service object
>>> can still run without problems. OSGi framework will maintain the service
>>> object for this bundle until it un-gets the service.
>>> for #3, that is the current dependency viewer in the debug-view Portlet.
>>>
>>> So, do you mean the #1? That will be great to display such information.
>>>
>>> -Rex

So

If