geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Need review] The mock UI for displaying bundle information
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 02:25:07 GMT
2009/12/15 Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com>

> Nice work. A few comments -
>
> 1. Better add a "filter" or alike text before textbox D
> 2. Area B is a little far away from the selection checkboxes, suggest to
> move them closer. By design, users always need to select some bundles by
> checking the check boxes and then move the mouse to the action buttons in B.
> So the nearer, the better
> 3. It looks like the buddle information page is pretty lightweight. Have we
> considered to embed it into the list page? As a pop up or expandable area...
> 4. Might want to add paging function
> 5. Might want to use icon to show the status
>
> Also, will it be interesting to show what other bundles are currently using
> a certain bundle?

There are three kinds of "using":
1. import-package/required-bundle wiring
2. service wiring
3. geronimo bundle dependency
for #1, that means a view to show which one imports the packages the bundle
exports.
for #2, I think we don't need to care about that, because even if a service
provider bundle is uninstalled, the bundle using the service object can
still run without problems. OSGi framework will maintain the service object
for this bundle until it un-gets the service.
for #3, that is the current dependency viewer in the debug-view Portlet.

So, do you mean the #1? That will be great to display such information.

-Rex