geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion]Redesign of navigation system of geronimo Web console.
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:08:27 GMT
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Shawn Jiang <genspring@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is great! Thanks Shawn!
>>
>> Some minor comments:
>> 1. The performance of the tree is not ideal in FireFox. I know DOJO is not
>> a performance sweet. Not sure whether we can do anything here.
>>

> Because the change to separate navigation from content page, the navigation
> tree will be only loaded for one time.  So, this might not be a problem.
>

>> 2. The color scheme looks a little gray. Shall we make them a little
>> brighter?
>>

> I agree, we can improve the style after the function design is finalized.
>

>> 3. The filter box is cool. As I mention in another topic thread, we can
>> put a default text "type filter text"
>>
> Right, I have not figured out a way to do this for now.  But I believe we
> can do this.
>

>> 4. A small defect: after a function is launched through the filter box,
>> the focus on the tree menu does not change right now.
>>
> Right, we need to improve the focus after the users launch the function
> from the filter box.
>

>> 5. Can we support page refresh? Currently it usually show the welcome page
>> after a page refresh.
>>

> Aha, I did not consider this problem.  Thanks for pointing this out !

I figured out a way to support this.  : )

1,  Maintain a map in the server side to keep key-->URL entrys.

2, When a tree item is clicked , the address bar will be rewriten with
javacript code "window.location.hash=#{key}" without refreshing the whole
page.

3, When the users refresh the page manually, the #{key} will be passed to
the server to get the correct URL to display.

--
Shawn