geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion]Redesign of navigation system of geronimo Web console.
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:32:41 GMT
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is great! Thanks Shawn!
>
> Some minor comments:
> 1. The performance of the tree is not ideal in FireFox. I know DOJO is not
> a performance sweet. Not sure whether we can do anything here.

Because the change to separate navigation from content page, the navigation
tree will be only loaded for one time.  So, this might not be a problem.

> 2. The color scheme looks a little gray. Shall we make them a little
> brighter?

I agree, we can improve the style after the function design is finalized.

> 3. The filter box is cool. As I mention in another topic thread, we can put
> a default text "type filter text"

Right, I have not figured out a way to do this for now.  But I believe we
can do this.

> 4. A small defect: after a function is launched through the filter box, the
> focus on the tree menu does not change right now.

Right, we need to improve the focus after the users launch the function from
the filter box.

> 5. Can we support page refresh? Currently it usually show the welcome page
> after a page refresh.

Aha, I did not consider this problem.  Thanks for pointing this out !

--
Shawn