geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Delos <dait...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Need review] The mock UI for displaying bundle information
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 05:40:56 GMT
Thanks Alan for your comments!

See my reply in blue.

Sorry for the delay!

2009/12/17 Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com>

> Very nice!
>
> On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:19 AM, Delos wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> OSGI Bundle is a new item for Geronimo admin console and RFC 139 defines
> many Mbeans used to get bundle information in OSGI environment. So it's
> necessary for admin console to show the information of OSGI bundles.
>
> Therefore, Rodger and I mocked up a couple of portlets. Here are some
> screenshots for the mock UI. As you can see, we have two portlets here, to
> show the bundle list and bundle information. It's a initial draft based on
> Dojo widgets without full javascript implementation.
>
> Screenshot 1:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/delos/dojoBundleList_anntation.JPG
> Screenshot 2:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/delos/singlebundle.JPG
>
> In the attachment, 1 is the bundle list portlet, while 2 is the bundle
> information portlet. Bundle list portlet gives a list of installed
> bundles;besides, the portlet also allow user to stop/start/uninstall
> bundles. Bundle information portlet is much simpler, it only display the
> bundle information in OSGI framework. Mbeans defined in RFC 139 is a way to
> obtain the information.
>

> I assume that you'll format the exported and imported packages in the same
> manner as BND in #1?

    In fact,  exported and imported packages are included in screenshot 2.
The format of exported and imported packages will be the same as that in Ma
nifest.MF.

> For better illustration, I added some markers (A,B,C,D,E) in snapshot 1.
>
> A - With these widgets, user can install any bundle from file system. If
> "start" is checked, the bundle will be started automatically after it's
> installed.Meanwhile, user can also specify the start level of this bundle.
> I'm not sure if the "Deploy New" portlet will be applicable for OSGI
> bundles, so I just mock the installation UI according to Web console of
> Felix.
>
> B - All the possible actions can be taken to bundles. Every bundle can be
> selected through the checkbox in front of it. Each time an action is taken
> to all the selected bundles. If the action is not applicable for some
> bundles, these bundles will be ignored.
>
> C - Each column in the table can be sorted by clicking the column header.
> The up arrow stands for sort asending while the down arrow stands for sort
> desending.
>
> D - The textbox here is used to filter bundles by symbolic name. Only the
> bundles with symbolic name containing specified text will be shown. If no
> text provided, all the bundles will show
>

> I would have a drop down box to the left so that you could enter in:
>
> - imported packages
> - exported packages
>
> in addition to the Symbolic Name.
>
> It would also be great if one could trace the wirings to help discover
> where conflicts lie.  Maybe this would be a different screen but I think
> that tooltips that showed the wirings would be pretty helpful.

   It's a good idea to take "imported packages" and "exported packages" as
filters when we display bundle list.

> E - The drop down list here gives the possible status of an installed
> bundle - "resolved","starting","active","stopping". It's used to filter
> bundles by status. If one status is selected, only bundle with status the
> same as selected value will be shown. If no value is selected, all the
> bundles will be shown.
>

> I imagine the status would update automatically via some kind of comet
> call.

    Sounds reasonable.

--
Best Regards,