geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Delos <dait...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Need review] The mock UI for displaying bundle information
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 02:35:29 GMT
Thanks for your comments, Jack. See my reply below.

1. Better add a "filter" or alike text before textbox D
I agree it's better to add a label for a textbox. But since there has been
"symbolic name" in front of the textbox,  I'm afraid the "filter" text here
may cause confusion.We will add tool tips such as "filter" for the textbox.
That can also indicate what it is used for.

2. Area B is a little far away from the selection checkboxes, suggest to
move them closer. By design, users always need to select some bundles by
checking the check boxes and then move the mouse to the action buttons in B.
So the nearer, the better
Agree. Besides, we're trying to replace "select all" and "deselect all"
button with two icons. Hopefully, they can be put into the header of the
checkboxes column. Then, area B will be placed in the left side, it will be
nearer to the checkboxes

3. It looks like the buddle information page is pretty lightweight. Have we
considered to embed it into the list page? As a pop up or expandable area...
In Web console of Felix, the bundle information page is embedded in the
table. When user expand the bundle item in the table, the bundle information
will show. But not all the bundle information is so short as shown in our
screenshot. The information is often too long to shown in a table. So we
hope to show it in a separate portlet.
Since several portlets can be shown in one page, we can show the two
portlets together to avoid page jump. I will upload another screenshot  for
it later.

4. Might want to add paging function
I think you mean the paging for bundle list.
We hope to use the scroll bar in the table instead of separate bundle list
into several pages. With the scroll bar for the table, user can locate to
any bundle in the list. In this way, the paging is transparent to user.

5. Might want to use icon to show the status
Do you mean we replace the text such as "Active","Resolved" with icons. If
so,  we have to make user realize what status the icon stands for. Do you
think tool tip is enough? BTW, I'm also considering to replace the buttons
in Area B with icons.

Also, will it be interesting to show what other bundles are currently using
a certain bundle?
Yes.There is a method to get the bundle list using a certain bundle in RFC
139. Then, we can just place the list as a section in bundle information
portlet. All the bundle item can be clickable. If a bundle is clicked, the
bundle information portlet will show its information.

--
Best Regards,

Delos