geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Delos <dait...@gmail.com>
Subject [Need review] The mock UI for displaying bundle information
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:19:50 GMT
Hi all,

OSGI Bundle is a new item for Geronimo admin console and RFC 139 defines
many Mbeans used to get bundle information in OSGI environment. So it's
necessary for admin console to show the information of OSGI bundles.

Therefore, Rodger and I mocked up a couple of portlets. Here are some
screenshots for the mock UI. As you can see, we have two portlets here, to
show the bundle list and bundle information. It's a initial draft based on
Dojo widgets without full javascript implementation.

Screenshot 1:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/delos/dojoBundleList_anntation.JPG
Screenshot 2:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/delos/singlebundle.JPG

In the attachment, 1 is the bundle list portlet, while 2 is the bundle
information portlet. Bundle list portlet gives a list of installed
bundles;besides, the portlet also allow user to stop/start/uninstall
bundles. Bundle information portlet is much simpler, it only display the
bundle information in OSGI framework. Mbeans defined in RFC 139 is a way to
obtain the information.

For better illustration, I added some markers (A,B,C,D,E) in snapshot 1.

A - With these widgets, user can install any bundle from file system. If
"start" is checked, the bundle will be started automatically after it's
installed.Meanwhile, user can also specify the start level of this bundle.
I'm not sure if the "Deploy New" portlet will be applicable for OSGI
bundles, so I just mock the installation UI according to Web console of
Felix.

B - All the possible actions can be taken to bundles. Every bundle can be
selected through the checkbox in front of it. Each time an action is taken
to all the selected bundles. If the action is not applicable for some
bundles, these bundles will be ignored.

C - Each column in the table can be sorted by clicking the column header.
The up arrow stands for sort asending while the down arrow stands for sort
desending.

D - The textbox here is used to filter bundles by symbolic name. Only the
bundles with symbolic name containing specified text will be shown. If no
text provided, all the bundles will show

E - The drop down list here gives the possible status of an installed bundle
- "resolved","starting","active","stopping". It's used to filter bundles by
status. If one status is selected, only bundle with status the same as
selected value will be shown. If no value is selected, all the bundles will
be shown.

That's all for the snapshot. Any comments?

Thanks a lot!

--
Best Regards,

Delos