geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [Need review] The mock UI for displaying bundle information
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 03:56:11 GMT
Very nice!

On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:19 AM, Delos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> OSGI Bundle is a new item for Geronimo admin console and RFC 139
> defines many Mbeans used to get bundle information in OSGI
> environment. So it's necessary for admin console to show the
> information of OSGI bundles.
>
> Therefore, Rodger and I mocked up a couple of portlets. Here are
> some screenshots for the mock UI. As you can see, we have two
> portlets here, to show the bundle list and bundle information. It's
> a initial draft based on Dojo widgets without full javascript
> implementation.
>
> Screenshot 1: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/delos/dojoBundleList_anntation.JPG
> Screenshot 2: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/delos/singlebundle.JPG
>
> In the attachment, 1 is the bundle list portlet, while 2 is the
> bundle information portlet. Bundle list portlet gives a list of
> installed bundles;besides, the portlet also allow user to stop/start/
> uninstall bundles. Bundle information portlet is much simpler, it
> only display the bundle information in OSGI framework. Mbeans
> defined in RFC 139 is a way to obtain the information.

I assume that you'll format the exported and imported packages in the
same manner as BND in #1?

> For better illustration, I added some markers (A,B,C,D,E) in
> snapshot 1.
>
> A - With these widgets, user can install any bundle from file
> system. If "start" is checked, the bundle will be started
> automatically after it's installed.Meanwhile, user can also specify
> the start level of this bundle. I'm not sure if the "Deploy New"
> portlet will be applicable for OSGI bundles, so I just mock the
> installation UI according to Web console of Felix.
>
> B - All the possible actions can be taken to bundles. Every bundle
> can be selected through the checkbox in front of it. Each time an
> action is taken to all the selected bundles. If the action is not
> applicable for some bundles, these bundles will be ignored.
>
> C - Each column in the table can be sorted by clicking the column
> header. The up arrow stands for sort asending while the down arrow
> stands for sort desending.
>
> D - The textbox here is used to filter bundles by symbolic name.
> Only the bundles with symbolic name containing specified text will
> be shown. If no text provided, all the bundles will show

I would have a drop down box to the left so that you could enter in:

- imported packages
- exported packages

in addition to the Symbolic Name.

It would also be great if one could trace the wirings to help discover
where conflicts lie.  Maybe this would be a different screen but I
think that tooltips that showed the wirings would be pretty helpful.

> E - The drop down list here gives the possible status of an
> installed bundle - "resolved","starting","active","stopping". It's
> used to filter bundles by status. If one status is selected, only
> bundle with status the same as selected value will be shown. If no
> value is selected, all the bundles will be shown.

I imagine the status would update automatically via some kind of comet
call.

Again, very nice!

Regards,
Alan