geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to define those bundlized dependencies which would be published by Geronimo
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:01:53 GMT
I have no problem with the idea of including dependencies on
bundleized versions of the original dependencies, this seems to me
like a good convention.

However I don't see any use in the exclusions  you show, since the
original non-bundleized jar is a dependency of the new bundle, and
needs to be excluded whenever we use it.  Excluding the original jar
will also exclude all of its dependencies, so the exclusions you show
won't have any effect.

I think we need to work hard to push the bundleization back into the
originating project and to modify the felix bundle plugin so the
original non-bundle doesn't end up as a transitive dependency of the
bundle.

thanks
david jencks