geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use tomcat trunk in some way?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:56:40 GMT

On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:51 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2009, at 1:57 AM, Ivan wrote:
>
>> I am thinking whether there is maven plugin would help us to repackge the tomcat
jar file to include our changes, so that we do not need to maintain the whole Tomcat source
codes, maybe just need to keep a few files.

> AFAIK tomcat is not pushing trunk snapshots into any maven repo, so I think we'd have
to build tomcat ourselves anyway.  Given that, I think that the easiest way is to use the
process for constructing a mavenized build.  I'm hoping we won't actually need to modify any
files, at least not for long :-).  The first set of changes we needed that led me to set up
the mavenized build have been in tomcat trunk for years.

Right. So, if the motivation for this process is to make Tomcat SNAPSHOT's available in maven,
I'm ok with this. I would not want to see this as a way of fixing functional/integration problems
with Tomcat (at least not in the long-term).

--kevan