geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to define those bundlized dependencies which would be published by Geronimo
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:40:19 GMT

On Dec 2, 2009, at 1:25 AM, Ivan wrote:

> Yes, you are right, in the beginning, I add the exclusion to limit
> the export packages while using * in the export-package
> configuration of felix-maven-plugin, now, I always explicitly add
> the export packages name list.

I think we need to investigate more and maybe fix the bundle plugin so
the Export-Package header includes versions derived from the maven
version.  There's the
<_versionpolicy>[$(version;==;$(@)),$(version;+;$(@)))</_versionpolicy>
instruction but I have not yet made it do what I want.  I think we
should not need to specify Export-Package at all.

> Another thing I am thinking is that what version should be added. If
> the original non-bundlized dependency is of version 1.0, while
> Geronimo uses 1.1, so which version should be added ? I prefered to
> include the one used in Geronimo, so that we could avoid so much
> exclusions in the Geronimo's pom file. Any comment ?

Can you provide a more detailed example?  I don't understand.
BTW, if the original jar maven version is 1.0, I think we should
follow servicemix and have our version 1.0_1-SNAPSHOT

thanks
david jencks