geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Use tomcat trunk in some way?
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:58:56 GMT
I couldn't make IDEA understand how to debug in this approach so I
updated the tomcat-archetype to work with tomcat 7 and added external/
trunk/tomcat-parent-7.0.0 generated with the archetype.

To reproduce this, update external/tomcat-archetype and build the
archetype using
svn up tomcat-archetype
cd tomcat-archetype
./build-archetype.sh
cp run.sh ..
cd ..
./run.sh

This will construct a tomcat-7 project from the archetype and latest
tomcat code, ready to commit.  When I committed svn got confused
updating the local copy so you may need to
svn commit -m "new tomcat 7 snapshot based on tomcat rev xxxxxx"
tomcat-parent-7.0.0
rm -rf tomcat-parent-7.0.0
svn up tomcat-parent-7.0.0

Once you have run.sh in position, to generate a new snapshot just
run ./run.sh again.  It will remove the old tomcat-parent-7.0.0
project and add the new one.

This only works on unix like systems but I'd imagine it would work
with cygwin.

Anyway this let me start tracking down the maven jspc plugin problem,
I've asked on the tomcat list for advice on how to proceed.

thanks
david jencks