geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 2.2 release (first try)
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 02:58:09 GMT

On Nov 30, 2009, at 6:55 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Did a grep on a clean checkout and noticed tons of 2.2-SNAPSHOT
> references still in the source.
>
> 1) Do all the dependencies.xml files need to be updated?
> <plugin-artifact xmlns:ns2="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/attributes-1.2
> " xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/plugins-1.3">
>    <module-id>
>        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
>        <artifactId>welcome-jetty</artifactId>
>        <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>        <type>car</type>
>    </module-id>

This might be confusing but doesn't cause build problems.  The module-
id is actually there only to help humans identify which file we're
looking at.

> 2) Found several geronimo-web.xml files that were not updated, like -
> plugins/welcome/geronimo-welcome/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/geronimo-
> web.xml

These aren't used in the build.  I guess we should delete them
eventually.

> 3) Some junit test files were not updated -
> framework/modules/geronimo-upgrade/src/test/resources/
> gbean_1_result.xml
> framework/modules/geronimo-plugin/src/test/resources/geronimo-
> plugins.xml
> framework/configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/src/it/j2ee-system-it1/src/
> test/resources/META-INF/geronimo-plugin.xml
>
> 4) Some hits in the Java code -
> plugins/clustering/clustering-it/clustering-test/src/main/java/org/
> apache/geronimo/farm/plugin/test/TestGBean.java:69:
> JpaPluginInstance pluginInstance = new
> JpaPluginInstance("org.apache.geronimo.plugins.it/customer-jetty/2.2-
> SNAPSHOT/car");
> framework/modules/geronimo-system/src/test/java/org/apache/geronimo/
> system/configuration/LocalAttributeManagerReadWriteTest.java:
> 257:                    "    <ns2:module name=
> \"org.apache.geronimo.configs/cxf-ejb-deployer/2.1-SNAPSHOT/car\"
> condition=\"props.getProperty('org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider',
> 'cxf') == 'cxf'\">\n"

These seem to all be in tests and the tests pass.

I don't see any reason to try again with the release based on these
findings.  I don't see any way to update these automatically as an
action of the release plugin.  Maybe we could install them with
filters, or just not worry about them.

thanks
david jencks