geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 2.2 release (first try)
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:03:13 GMT

On Dec 1, 2009, at 2:27 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> If you mean the previous main geronimo releases, I strongly disagree.  We have no reason
I can see to avoid following maven defaults here.  With the exception of the main geronimo
release, previously done through an arcane and IMO incomprehensible process, everything we've
released in the last year or so has used the release plugin default tag locations of <artifactid>-<version>.

I favor consistency with past releases. So, fall on the other side of the fence. Following
maven's default is simply following an arbitrary decision that maven made. 'geronimo-2.2'
seems to hold little value to anyone... All that said, I'm not going to argue with you.

Once the source problems (that I've fixed in branches/2.2) are fixed, looks like I'll be +1.
Until then, I'm -1.

I've also added a work-around to avoid the annoying WARN log messages from DWR in branches/2.2.
See http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=885952&view=rev Wouldn't mind seeing that picked
up, but it's not necessary...

--kevan