geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From han hongfang <hanhongf...@gmail.com>
Subject The organization of derby related modules
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:27:05 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4296 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4878. To enable derby user
authentication using user-defined class, I write a new class
DerbyUserAuthenticator
and put it into plugins\system-database\geronimo-derby project.

I encountered ClassNotFoundException when I first ran it, because Derby uses
Class.forName() to load the user-defined class DerbyUserAuthenticator, and
meanwhile geronimo-derby depends on org.apache.geronimo.configs.derby.

I'm wondering why geronimo-derby is served as a module of system-database,
rather than organizing it together with plugins\derby as just what Geronimo
does for plugins\mejb and plugins\axis2 etc, and then making
org.apache.geronimo.configs.derby depend on geronimo-derby.

Does someone have history information to share?

BTW, I work on server branch 2.1

--
Best regards,

Han Hong Fang