geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the "partial=true; mandatory:=partial" trick
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:50:14 GMT
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Lin Sun <linsun.unc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we have to use Require-Bundle here?  I would think Import-Package
> of packageX with the mandatory attribute should wire bundle 2 to
> bundle 1.
>
> Here's my understanding of your scenario:
>
> Bundle1:
> Export-Package:x;partial=true;mandatory:=partial
>
> Bundle2:
> Import-Package:x;partial=true
> Export-Package:x
>

> Any other bundles - should be wired to bundle 2:
> Import-Package:x

That's a good question. I tried it and it didn't work. I assume it was
because if Bundle 3 was wired to Bundle 2 it was only able to see
classes local to Bundle 2. That is, it acted like the Bundle 2 wasn't
re-exporting the additional classes from Bundle 1. But I guess if
Bundle 2 Required-Bundle: Bundle 1 these additional classes from
Bundle 1 would be visible to Bundle 3.

Jarek