geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove those specs and impl which are shipped by JRE 1.6
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:51:18 GMT
Actually, Java EE 6 dictates which version of the specs we will need
to support. For example, Java EE 6 requires JAX-WS 2.2 and JAXB 2.2
but Sun JDK 6 ships with JAX-WS 2.1 and JAXB 2.1 at this point. And it
used to be that Sun JDK 6 (_03 and less) shipped with JAX-WS 2.0 and
JAXB 2.0. So we can't really rely on the JVM to provide the right set
of APIs and instead we need to go with what EE spec requires.

Jarek