geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build problem?
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:39:13 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I updated jetty with the api fixes and made our jetty8 build against
> the latest trunk.  Stuff seems to work for me....
>
> I've asked the jetty folks to push a new snapshot but I'm not sure if
> they have yet.
The new snapshot has not been pushed yet, so I had to build jetty
myself.  When trying to do that, I'm still getting compilation errors
because the servlet-api version is prefers seems out of date.  I'm not
sure I understand what the situation is with their servlet-api version.
However, I was able to build it successfully using the latest geronimo
servlet spec.

Once I got a good jetty build, I was able to get a good complete build.
Thank you so much for tracking this down!

Rick

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Dec 15, 2009, at 9:16 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> I'll look into this.  Ivan identified some api errors in our servlet
>> 3 jar and it's possible that jetty has not picked up the fixes (I'm
>> not sure where jetty got their spec jar from).
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks

>>> I'm able to get things to build until I get to jetty, then I'm
>>> stuck.  What version of jetty should we be using and where do we get
>>> it?  I've tried building it myself from
>>>
>>> http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/jetty/branches/jetty-8
>>>

>>> But I get compilation errors in jetty-continuation because of a
>>> serlet 3.0 api mismatch.  If I switch to using the Geronimo spec
>>> version, I get a different error.  The jetty trunk version appears
>>> to build 7.0.2 artifacts, not jetty-8, so I think this is the
>>> correct branch.  This is using a servlet 3.0 spec pulled from
>>> org.mortbay.jetty, but I haven't located the source for this package
>>> yet to try to build the latest version of that locally either.
>>>
>>> Rick

something

this